Unboxing – Feb 18th 2013 | Silver Unboxing

Unboxing – Feb 18th 2013

Unboxing - Feb 18th 2013

My first Scottsdale 5oz’er :-))))))))))))))))))))) 2 x 2012 1oz Koala (Berlin Bear Privy Mark) Mintage 50000 The first Silver Koala to carry a privy mark –…

25 Responses to Unboxing – Feb 18th 2013

1. Michael Silver says:

Like the scotsdales! Greg, did you see the video from ArgentAgent47 where he said cotton gloves can damage/scratch silver, basically said use your bare hands and be careful, rubber gloves if you want to wear gloves, I don’t use them since seeing that.

2. Ali D The stacker says:

Same in the uk 20% vat tax, and that means silver price needs to go up 20% to even break even, but most bullion shops are in the US so then I pay a lot in shipping

3. Chris Silver says:

Yea the guys in the US have it pretty sweet, saw a deal for 10oz bar free sipping and 89c per oz over spot! I’m in the US and the prices are crazy as there is 20% VAT on all silver, only way I found to reduce this is to buy coins in Germany and collect in person and then the tax is only 7%, which isn’t so bad but still, hate the fact that I am basically getting taxed to save. There is no tax on gold, but it’s not as fun, you can’t buy as much. Two 1kg coins are definitely cooler than 1oz of gold

4. greg williams says:

I only buy from Aussie dealers, not so much from perth mint because they have ID restrictions on us. So i buy from the dealers and the prices are the same as the mint or in some cases less. Wel always pay high premiums here, often envy the guys in the US complaing about $2 over spot. ATM we are paying about $7-$10 over spot for kooks, koala’s and even more for lunar series coins. No tax on bullion coins or bars – but we pay 10% on proof or junk silver ha – so its cheaper to buy bullion than junk

5. Chris Silver says:

You never know you might stumble across one at a good price sometime and buy it. Where do you get most of your bullion and coins? I am interested to see how much you guys in Australia pay for the Perth Mint coins, and compare the prices to the US / UK / Europe.

6. greg williams says:

Yeah i have been looking out for the snake privy kooks at all the dealers here. Ironically the Aussie dealers dont have any hahaha

7. Chris Silver says:

I assume they tried to sell them at the fair for a ridiculous premium, couldn’t sell them so afterwards sold them onto all of the bullion dealers for cheap.

8. greg williams says:

They will be a good investment i think, strange though with a mintage of only 50,000 i would have thought they would be more expensive. maybe they are just trying to get them out there, thats why so cheap. thanks for watching:-)

9. Chris Silver says:

You have some Berlin pricy bears as well, nice 🙂 You said you got them at the same price as the normal ones, and the place I bought them from they were selling them at slightly cheaper than/or the same as the 2013 normal koalas I think. Strange. I guess they weren’t popular. But the mintage is so low, they are a massive bargain in my opinion.

10. greg williams says:

thanks mate keep stackin

11. TheBudgetStacker says:

nice greg your getting some nice stuff gave you a quick mention on my first vid as i like the way you do things some aussie inspiration have subbed you mate

12. mkmstillstackin says:

Nice coins and a very uniquely cool 5oz poured bar, Greg! I like the size and apparent density it seems to carry. In reference to our chat the other day, now I believe I can tell the difference between a poured bar and a minted bar. Yours is unmistakably poured whereas my Engelhards I believe now are minted. cheers.

13. Max Pax says:

Great video, love the coins! Subcribed! Keep stacking!!!!

14. greg williams says:

thanks for watching 🙂

15. bluzonenumizmatyka says:

Nice Koala coin ! RGDS MK

16. 2001papasito says:

Nice addition to the stack greg , love the 2012 Koala with the privy… Keep stacking…cheer’s

17. greg williams says:

lol even i laughed at the hand comment, you’re the first one that has mentioned it lol 🙂

18. greg williams says:

Yeah i love the poured bars, adds a bit of character to your stack – the place i buy is out of the 5oz, but they still have some 10oz – they send worldwide, bullionbourse(DOT)com – in australia
    thanks for watching

19. greatwhitenorthvids says:

Nice haul – I’ve been looking for a good source for the Scottsdale poured bars in Canada – haven’t had much luck – I’d love to pick some up.

20. b5clubber says:

Love those scottsdale bars. Haha about the hand comment.Great pick ups.

21. greg williams says:

Thanks 🙂
    The first Silver Koala to carry a privy mark — and therefore of major interest to collectors — this unique, exclusive coin was naturally targeted by the record-breaking crowds of German collectors attending the 2012 Berlin World Money Fair. An emblem of the city for centuries, the bear has dominated Berlin’s Coat of Arms since 1920, and is one of Germany’s most distinctive, most internationally recognisable symbols.
    Thanks for watching 🙂

22. 101platayoro says:

Nice stuff,why did they puta berlin privy mark on the kooks,what is the reason? Lovetnescottsdale stuff but they hzve quite hi premiums,like today their stackable 10ozbars were $320 while other generics like sunshine minting and ntr were between$297 and $304.But there stuff is really nice!

23. greg williams says:

Yeah i do agree, I only started in december with my stack so I’m still finding my feet. It’s very hard to buy junk silver here, and when I find some they want my left kidney for it. + we pay much higher premiums here than you guys. LOL work this one out:::We dont pay tax on pure bullion, but if it is under .999 we pay 10% sales tax, So in some cases the junk silver actually costs us more than buying pure bullion :-v hahahaha
    Thanks for watching 🙂

24. gjcoins says:

love the koala , had a few but now all i have is the small 1/10th koala left 🙁 those 5 ounce bars are nice , my only issue with buying larger bullion is if you want to trade or sell some silver you will have 2 sell the whole bar , i do like them but i try to only get one ounce bars , rounds or smaller , infact i try to stick with the dimes more than any but sometimes having a investment purpose it really doesnt matter how big the amount is as long as you can find a buyer at the time . 🙂

25. greg williams says:

thanks – I’ll look forward to your unboxing vid – i love them lol – yeah the packaging can be extreme sometimes – the place i use dosent use a lot of packaging, but not sure if thats good thing or bad lol
    thanks for watching :-)