Silver Unboxing from eBay – Poured Sterling Bar for Under Melt | Silver Unboxing

Silver Unboxing from eBay – Poured Sterling Bar for Under Melt

Tonight I unbox a homemade ingot made from melted sterling silver flatware. I was able to purchase this for approximately /ounce under the melt value! Ques…

25 Responses to Silver Unboxing from eBay – Poured Sterling Bar for Under Melt

1. John Shelton says:

You should drill test it. I got ripped off huge one time and I sued.

2. Adam C says:

I was like that before but now i just remind my self that the market silver price is like 95% paper silver contracts not Physical an I am invested in Physical silver and won’t part with it until the price of real silver is where it should be and i really need to.

3. Bigstackmcgee says:

sounds good, stormcity – thanks!

4. StormCityUSA says:

yeah!! I wear sterling silver jewelry but never without a rhodium finish. Even some of my 925 silver earrings that has a 14k white gold plating has a rhodium finish. but yeah man I sub you, hopefully you may get into it and do a vid on it.

5. Bigstackmcgee says:

cool – I know that rhodium is used to plate sterling sometimes to help prevent tarnishing, and that it’s considered a pretty rare metal.

6. StormCityUSA says:

Nah not by itself. I just have 925 silver jewelry with rhodium on it. But i’m somewhat interested in it and learning how to do it.

7. Bigstackmcgee says:

I haven’t, but that’s only because I know very little about it. Do you?

8. StormCityUSA says:

Do you buy rhodium as well?

9. AK SilverNuggets says:

i wouldn’t mind it.

10. Bigstackmcgee says:

Thanks for the comment, lol1110, but my experience on eBay has been largely positive. Knowledge is key, and if someone can become an expert on identifying real silver from fakes, then there is no worry about buying from eBay – the policies they have in place for buyer protection are fantastic. Great deals can be had if you know how to search for them.

11. loh1110 says:

One advice to all new stackers.. Never buy from Ebay. It is risky and costly. There are so many cases where an Ebay seller has 10,000+ positive feedbacks sends fakes. Also, the premium over spot which should always be under 10% for premium coins are 20%+. Ebay is just simply not worth it.

12. mkmstillstackin says:

The video was extremely informative Bigstack. I’m amazed! Thanks for bringing to my attention! I even watched the subsequent video demonstrating ultrasonic thickness testing. that one was also quite fascinating.

13. mkmstillstackin says:

;)

14. mkmstillstackin says:

Okay, I’ll be honest. I do wince from time to time, a teenie weenie bit, after a major sell off. But like you, once I regain my composure, I immediately move to buy. Kudos to you for keeping it real, my man. Lol!

15. mkmstillstackin says:

that’s two back to back scores. I’m confident the bar will test out. you’ve done really well.

16. mkmstillstackin says:

that’s fantastic. you earned it, man. I’m gonna have to try your technique at some point.

17. mkmstillstackin says:

I’m on it. will report back.

18. Bigstackmcgee says:

Totally true – there is a limited market for selling to another collector. However, my LCS takes sterling scrap at several dollars below spot, and they post their buy prices online. If I don’t use this metal for my own projects, I can simply hold long term until scrapping it becomes profitable. Thanks for watching!

19. Bigstackmcgee says:

I don’t think you’re going to be that lucky, but I’m just gonna keep on buying as funds will allow. Honestly, my goal is to try and think about wealth in terms of ounces instead of dollars, and it will be some time before that paradigm truly feels natural. Thanks for watching!

20. Bigstackmcgee says:

lol, I was in a bit of a hurry on this one, so yeah, no pics.  On the next one for sure!

21. Bigstackmcgee says:

of course 😉

22. Silver forlittleman says:

I don’t think there is a need to test it. The only problem I can see with it is the trust you will have to have to sell/trade it in the future. Very few people will want to buy a sterling hand poured bar so that will hurt the resale value unless you get a bunch of sterling items and have them melted and assayed.

23. lifelessperson1993 says:

I’m feeling lucky, I’m fully rooting for it to drop as much as possible. I want $15 silver!

24. WHMmetals says:

Where are the pictarz at the end of the videos? I am starting to miss them. 🙁

25. WHMmetals says:

If you do drill it be sure to make a video out of it!