Junk Silver Investing in Canada | Silver Unboxing

Junk Silver Investing in Canada

Junk Silver Investing in Canada

Some information about investing in junk silver as a Canadian and a comparison with investing in bullion,

13 Responses to Junk Silver Investing in Canada

1. mapleleafcoins says:

I agree it would be a fun event with friends who share the hobby, but in order to meet my investing goals I would need to find at least 1000 silver dimes per month. Even if I did roll hunting every night of the week I wouldn’t be able to get anywhere near as much silver as I need.

2. mapleleafcoins says:

Coin roll hunting can be a nice way to get a few coins, but for people who get 10s, 100s or 1000s of ounces of silver per month you just can’t get that much silver roll hunting.

3. greg williams says:

you got it – but I guess it’s because our government really really loves us and wants to give the little guy every opportunity to improve themselves haha NOT..

4. greg williams says:

oh mee tooo :-/
    I feel under privaleged hahaha

5. mapleleafcoins says:

Thanks! I always get jealous when I see all the videos of Americans getting huge quantities of junk for spot, I wish we had those opportunities here.

6. mapleleafcoins says:

I noticed you mentioned the tax in your video, so I guess you guys get doubly hit on junk (high premiums and tax).

7. hadrock83 says:

So they try to make u buy the purest, i guess thats a good thing.

8. greg williams says:

We have the tax thing too .999=tax free – anything lower is 10%. I totally agree 100%. It’s been something I’ve tried to explain to US stackers.
    Thanks for this vid – very welldone – – – favourited :-))))

9. nick540 says:

I am Canadian too and hear you loud and clear. Glad you did a video on this as I was thinking of doing a similar one. Great job!

10. mapleleafcoins says:

Keep your eyes open because some times you can buy a little (a few ounces here and there) without HST but that is mostly at things like flee markets or on internet classified adds. But I have yet to find a good way to get lots of it tax free in Canada.

11. mapleleafcoins says:

I fully agree and definitely have a few bags of junk silver in my stack, but the costs are just too high to invest the majority of my money in it. For example, last month if I had gotten junk silver instead of silver maples it would have cost me $300 more. I find that is just too much premium to pay to get junk instead of pure bullion.

12. EpicRV says:

I personally think there is room in a PM portfolio for lots of different kinds of silver including junk but I don’t think anyone should invest in just one kind of anything.

13. canadiansilvervein says:

Great video man, I have never bought junk silver just find it in my change. Good to know been thinking of buying some ounces of junk but not anymore if I get charged hst