Unboxing – 1984 Engelhard “Prospector” rounds | Silver Unboxing

Unboxing – 1984 Engelhard “Prospector” rounds

This was my May 1st purchase to support the cause, such as it is. 🙂 BIT OF HISTORY: Engelhard 1 oz. Prospector Silver Coins In the early 1970s, investors t…

24 Responses to Unboxing – 1984 Engelhard “Prospector” rounds

1. greg williams says:

Thanks mate, they are in outstanding condition. was really happy with them 🙂

2. J Sch says:

Some of the best prospector rounds I have ever seen.

3. greg williams says:

I have to say they are my favourite too, the engelhard brand and its story is somewhat intriguing to me haha. I think for a round they will always command a premium especially in this condition with the original tube with “E”engelhard moulded into the lid, I want to fill the tube…one of my many goals. My guy still has about 350 of these in this condition, in sealed tubes. Would love to get an unopened tube. Interesting bit of triv about goldfinger and no I didn’t know that. Thanks for watching

4. TheEnneagram says:

Ah, Engelhards – some of my very favorite generic rounds. I got me a bunch myself. My LCS had about a dozen and I made sure that I got ’em. On a side note, did you know that the character of Auric Goldfinger is partially based on Charles Engelhard? Cheers.

5. upgrader99 says:

very nice! I really like the “raw bullion” coins.

6. greg williams says:

Yep all tested weighed etc. reputable dealer and came in a tube with the ”E” engelhard moulded into the lid.

7. upgrader99 says:

I just saw something about fake engelhard silver rounds with a very proof-like appearance. Have you tested the weight or tried magnets on them? They sound right… Very cool score.

8. maxpower2damax says:

i will for sure…. i dont have any engelhard bars YET… i do have a engel fridge lol , take care mate

9. greg williams says:

today or tomorrow, not sure yet. I haven’t bought much lately. Been doing a bit of wheeling and dealing on my stack though, all will be revealed hahaha

10. papermoney54 says:

new videos soon?

11. greg williams says:

Theres no sound like sound money 🙂
    thanks for watching 😀

12. grg3d says:

Nice looking coins Greg and yes I love the sound they make also….

13. greg williams says:

I tend to go for this type of stuff, especially the well known brands, in the case of these engelhard prospector rounds, they are very popular and very sought after. Usually they are pretty knocked around and I never seen them in unc condition. Stuff like this always will carry a high premium. I lean towards hand poured bars of major brands, if you search ebay for ‘engelhard poured bars’ they always go above double spot. engelhard and johnson matthey are hot man, look into it. you be surprised

14. maxpower2damax says:

nice coins greg, well done, i never thought about the older stuff. i might have to do some research if i like anything

15. romannmorozov says:

Great book! Easy to read. I have it and enjoyed it. I don’t have the same perspective as Maloney but good stuff

16. DayTradeShow says:

Greg Williams, I’m a collector. Admittedly, the best investments are not always of the “collectible” variety. But, for me, I would want to complete the tube. That’s just me.

17. greg williams says:

yeah they are nice, I don’t think they have seen the light of day since they were minted. Trying to fill the tube, but wouldn’t mind buying a sealed tube as well. Do you think it would be a good investment? or just get the 15 to fill this one.
    Thanks for subbing me – I’m humbled :-)))

18. DayTradeShow says:

Those are NICE! Wow…

19. greg williams says:

pity it doesn’t come in an audio book lol – thanks for watching :-)))

20. lifelessperson1993 says:

Lol, greg, that book has some interesting info in it, and stuff that will put some worries to rest e.g silver confiscation~ almost wholly a boogeyman story told to us stackers…

21. greg williams says:

I’ve been getting bits and pieces, from LCS and the odd bar, i still have a couple of backorders still to come. So I’m kinda waiting to see what the price does, it’s kinda like a stagnant puddle in a dry river bed waiting for a big rain lol – I’ve organised some dry powder, now I’m waiting as i think the price is gonna drop, maybe to under 20 If it doesn’t, and rises I will pay a bit more than what it is now. But Aussies like to bet, so the price is in the crosshairs. 8^)) thanks for watching

22. poppysmom100 says:

Hi Greg, you must be in the same boat as me, long waits for orders. I’d love to see some more of your vids!

23. PreciousALS says:

Hello

If you’re interested in gold and other precious metals, check out our forum!
    preciousmetalzone.freeforumsDOTnet

24. Silver KC says:

Great looking rounds. Keep the videos coming my friend