TFHGirl is Unboxing – Mayday Silver Order (Maples and German Junk) | Silver Unboxing

TFHGirl is Unboxing – Mayday Silver Order (Maples and German Junk)

My Mayday silver arrived. It actually didnt take so long. It was my fault because I went on a vacation rather spontaneously and forgot to wire the payment……

25 Responses to TFHGirl is Unboxing – Mayday Silver Order (Maples and German Junk)

1. Jim Hollywood says:

Thank you for another informative and entertaining video! I think Germany has a much nicer variety of silver coins than the boring silver we have in the U.S. I particularly liked the grumpy Bach, haha very funny. I am behind in watching your videos, I think it is because I need to set your channel to automatically email me when you post a new video, I will change that now! Have a nice day.

2. poppysmom100 says:

Thanks for the video. Its nice to see some variety. Subbed 🙂

3. TinfoilHatGirl says:

P.S: If you buy in Germany because of the VAT I recommend to concentrate on silver this year because gov will raise the VAT for coins that is now 7% to 19%. My plan is to load up on silver this year and maybe start to diversify in gold from next year on because my GS ratio is 0/100 😀

4. TinfoilHatGirl says:

For bullion I have two coin dealer shops with a good variety in about 50km distance. And I have some online dealers that I rely on, which showed to be trustable. It was a coincidence that the dealer had German memorials that day and I bought them spontaneously, becaus the price was good. Most of my German junk and memorials was snapped on ebay from private sellers. Only way to get silver at or sometimes a bit beneath spot. If you have patience to wait for some good deals.

5. gardehusar24 says:

Nice with all the maples 🙂 Where do you usually buy silver?
    I mostly buy from Germany because of the lower vat.

6. veritasfiles says:

All I have are old German 2 Reichsmarks from the 1930s. I think I have at last 4 or 5 of those, maybe more. Most of my stack is composed of American junk silver, American Silver Eagles, and generic Silver rounds.

7. TinfoilHatGirl says:

neither nor, it is 9.7 or 14.3 fine grams (!) of silver in the two different coins. The one with less fine silver is made of 0.625 silver and the other made of 0.925 sterling silver. I see no visible difference, both coins have the same diameter and same thickness. you can only judge by the mintage year and the weight (hardly a difference when you hold them in your hands though!)

8. romannmorozov says:

beautiful coins! is it correct that u said the higher silver content was 14.3% or 40.3%?

9. SilverSanctum says:

Excellent variety with some interesting designs there.

10. TinfoilHatGirl says:

That is a very wise quote! Thanx! Yes, the Bingen coin was one of the best in this selection 🙂

11. watcher8o says:

“In essentials, unity; in differences, liberty; in all things, charity.” ~Philipp Melanchthon

Welcome back! Nice collection… I really like the Hildegard von Bingen coin.

12. greg williams says:

yeah to me i like the junk coins and poured bars. each one has character, I dont have much of the junk but i <3<3<3love<3<3<3 my poured bars :-D)

13. TinfoilHatGirl says:

thx ;-)

14. TinfoilHatGirl says:

LOL! Dunno! Maybe they messed it up in the mint and I got one of some very rare false coin print?? 😀 But none the less the coin inspired me to reactivate my memory on a piece of Bach I used to play. Might be uploading it soon, you will like it! Thx for stoppinb by 🙂

15. TinfoilHatGirl says:

Thank you Greg! I am happy you enjoyed it, I was surprised that the video got so long and was afraid I should better try to shorten it. But as long as people like you like it that way everything is fine, isnt it? 🙂 I dont care so much about what maples end up in which tube…not so much attached to them. They are really like money for me, I buy them and put them away. The junk is for fun. Should get some more semi-numis though. Stacking maples becomes boring over time.

16. TinfoilHatGirl says:

Haha yes, Mr Grumpy Monsignore Bach! The face is finely modelled on the coin but the expression…?? Well his music makes up for that! Thx for stopping by, I am glad there is so much interest in the German coins! Didnt expect that 🙂

17. TinfoilHatGirl says:

Thx and I am happy you enjoyed it 🙂

18. TinfoilHatGirl says:

thx. yes it is surprising that there are so few infos/vids on these coins although they are very popular here. Oh poor you, forced to overconsume in silver bc. of these nasty half empty tubes 😀 I found some other single maples in my semi-numi box after finishing the video. Seems as if I have to go on a new buying binge too in the near future! 😀

19. CrushingSteve says:

Very cool! :)

20. LuvVWs says:

Are you sure that’s Bach? I would swear it’s Alfred Hitchcock…Or the guy from “Dune” who installed heart plugs in everyone.
    Great Silver! Love the stuff 🙂 !

21. greg williams says:

Well TFHGirl I have to say that you have the most interesting unboxings. That was fabulous, really interesting. Very nice purchase, I have a tube of maple with 10 coins that was part of my first purchase in december. I will hopefully fill it when i find some 2012 maples, otherwise it will have to be a mixed tube :-)))

22. EpicRV says:

Great pick ups. Love that we have stackers from all over in this silver community. I always know when I watch your videos I am going to see something that I don’t normally get to see. They probably could have found a better likeness of Bach!!!!!

23. silverfish VT says:

incredible selection of German coins, truly beautiful. Nice buys TFHG!

24. FrugalLife says:

Very nice unboxing/coins I’ve not seen those german junk coins anywhere but your channel. Some really nice designs.
    The maple i bought i assumed there were 20 in a tube ..but nope its 25 so i’ve had to buy extra just to fill the tubes 🙂

25. HighDesertPioneer says: