My Chinese Silver Panda Collection – 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 | Silver Unboxing

My Chinese Silver Panda Collection – 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Chinese Silver Panda coins are hard to resist, and these are among my favorite coins I’ve ‘[ stacked so far. Take a closer look at the Silver Pandas I have f…

25 Responses to My Chinese Silver Panda Collection – 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

1. Alex Wray says:

i got my first OZ and it was a 2013 panda i love it so much, they are by far and away the best looking coins in the WORLD

2. dcau1 says:

If it’s just the one or two coins I don’t mind paying a large premium for something like an older panda coin in BU condition. My oldest panda is a 2008 I paid around €51 for earlier this year on a trip to Germany. The pandas are stunning pieces. Had another 30 of the 2013’s delivered today and can’t get enough of ’em.

3. CyberCurtainTwitcher says:

I love the Pandas but there is just so much fake crap out there that you really have to be so careful & inspect every one of them.

4. TheCoinKeeper says:

I just picked up more 2013 pandas for 32.60 each. Beautiful coins.

5. Bigstackmcgee says:

I know for sure that silvergoldbull ships to Brazil – apmex says they are trial shipping to many new countries too – Thanks for watching, Caio!

6. Bigstackmcgee says:

I’d love to get more, but I think I’m content to just get new ones as they come out each year. Thanks for watching, MSS

7. Caio Simplicio Arantes says:

I’m crazy to purchase one, but I can’t find a site who ships to Brazil, do you know some?

8. Michael Silver Stacker says:

Beautiful coins! Im jealous as I only have one panda, my LCS has some really old panda’s but they are beat up and the price on them is still rediculous!

9. gold maple says:

Oh also check out IrixGuy. He made very educational videos on collecting gold and silver coins. If you like to travel to different places, he also got some interesting tips.

10. gold maple says:

Check out zackhashable on youtube. He has got an awesome coin collection of not only Chinese Pandas from 1989-2012, but also gold coins from different countries. He, gruppenfuhrer and WesternDeep have got the best gold coin collections with many 1 oz coins. Also check out Howl Man and nirvanbloom who have also great gold coin collections.

11. Bigstackmcgee says:

yeah, I’d love to add some of the older ones, but I may just be content with buying several new ones each year. Thanks for watching!

12. Bigstackmcgee says:

Man, I would absolutely love to. So far, the 2010 is the most premium I’ve put out for any coin. I’m not sure if I’ll go any farther back unless I can get a good deal and see the coin in person (I’d hate to spend a ton of money on a fake). I’ll definitely check out zackhasables vids, thanks for watching!

13. Bigstackmcgee says:

Isn’t that the truth? I think it’s fine to dabble as a hobbyist collector a bit just for the sake of enjoyment.

14. Bigstackmcgee says:

true, hotneo – I’m not planning on letting go of any of these anytime soon.

15. Bigstackmcgee says:

thanks!

16. Bigstackmcgee says:

agreed – thanks Jose!

17. Bigstackmcgee says:

I sure haven’t regretted paying the premiums for these coins. Of course, I’m itching to have some of the earlier ones, but I can’t seem to pull the trigger..

18. Bigstackmcgee says:

I hope so!

19. Bigstackmcgee says:

agreed – it will be interesting to see where the premiums on 2013 and beyond shake out at, especially since they are minting so many more now

20. Bigstackmcgee says:

Great question, Thomas. Safer, absolutely from an intrinsic silver standpoint. However, numismatically Pandas have enjoyed a pretty great appreciation in value, especially the lower mintage years. As a PM stacker that has dabbled as a hobbyist, these coins are pretty hard to resist.

21. Bigstackmcgee says:

thanks greg - congrats on your silver dollar win, btw!

22. Tonic Lime says:

Panda’s! Such a classic coin. I hope to add some more of them to my stack.

23. gold maple says:

You should get Pandas before 2009. The China Gold Corporation that makes Pandas made only 300,000 of them. Pandas made in the 1990s have really low mintage, less than 100,000. These are really valuable. I have yet to see someone who has an entire set of Pandas, starting from the year they were first issued which was 1982. You should check out Chinese Panda video of zackhashable. His collection is incredible.

24. BUTTERTOOTHPUNK says:

Very nice! You have to enjoy your silver and if that means paying a big premium, so be it.  Stack your silver but splurge once in a while to keep it interesting. Generic rounds and even name brand bars get boring (although I perceive them as money) and it is nice to gaize upon something beautiful that fits in your hand.

25. hotneo7 says:

Those Pandas do better over time than Eagles and Maples. It’s good if you’re holding it, bad if you’re trying to get it. They do better ROI than products from banks like CDs and the longer you hold it the better.